Daniel Dan 12:11-12 "From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

What do the 45 days between 1290 and 1335 represent?

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1 month and a half =)
Chuck, Great question on the 1,290 days and the 1,335 days. I can't be sure about this, but this is what I think.

The regular sacrifice mentioned in Dan 12:11 can not be when Christ died because it is an event that the angel refers to as synonymous with the abomination of desolation. Christ said that the abomination of desolation mentioned in Daniel was going to occur at the end of the age (Matt 24) Luke account of Matt 24 has Jesus saying "when you see armies surrounding Jerusalem , know that it's desolation is near" (this is a parallel to the Matt 24 account.

So it seem that based on the time statements that this event is referring to the either 66 1/2 AD to & 70 AD. But it could also be referring to the time span of 70 AD to 73 1/2 AD which was the mass suicide event occurring at Masada, In which the final Jewish rebellion was defeated.

I favor the 66-70 AD understanding of the text and I will tell yo why briefly. If you note in Daniel 12:12 "how blessed are those WHO KEEP WAITING AND ATTAINS to the 1,335 day.

The blessed encouragement to all the saints in the 1st century to wait, wait wait, and that then they would attain salvation, ETC. Is
a common theme in the N.T.

Matt 24 13: Blessed are those who endure (or wait) until the end, he will be saved.

Luke 21:19 By your endurance (or waiting) you will gain your lives.

Luke 20:35 but those who are considered worthy TO ATTAIN to that age , and the resurrection of the dead.....

These verses are very important when considering this topic because there was always this temptation to go back to Judaism, and apostate from the faith. This is seen as one of the main reasons for the writing of Hebrews and and in other epistles, like 2ND Peter and Jude , regarding the great apostasy involving Jews returning to the Torah and thus " again crucifying to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame"

One more verse, because there are many.

In Hebrews 6 after making the warning about apostasy, the author says:

Hbr 6:11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end,
Hbr 6:12 so that you will not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Hbr 6:13 For when God made the promise to Abraham, since He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself,
Hbr 6:14 saying, "I will surely bless you and I will surely multiply you".
Hbr 6:15 And so, having patiently waited, he obtained the promise.

V11: diligence....until the end
V12 patience will inherit the promises.
V15 (Using Abraham as an example for them to follow what he says).....: having patiently waited, he obtained the promise.

This happens to match very well with the verses being discussed (Dan 12:11-12)

Hope this makes sense and leads you to study it. Can any of this point to 73 AD? I am not conclusive on this matter yet.
Chuck,

The end of the 45 day period of time is 45 days after the 1290 days and is when those persons are blessed for waiting and coming to the 1335 day.

The first of the 45 days is also the day after the abomination that maketh desolate is set up which is 1290 days after the daily sacrifice is taken away. Which according to some preterist doctrines would cause the 45 days to be after the parousia which is to be the event that full preterism says is when all prophecy has already been fulfilled. This would cause Daniel's prophecy not to be fulfilled by the coming of the parousia but 45 days later. I don't know if that is partial preterism or preterist idealism or what, I haven't paid much attention to them.

Tom
Sam, what is the name of the book?

sam said:
chuck,

Do you have the book by John S. Evans. He masterfully deals with this (including P. Mauro's treatment and Ed Young of Westminster Seminary's rebuttal to Mauro). Evans has written a great commentary from a Biblical Preterism perspective...high scholarship. Basically, he takes on John Noe's view, which is quite attractive, and places the 1,290 and 1,335 between Feb/Mar 67 to Aug/Sept 70 C.E. It is quite detailed, as a good paper should be. Get the book!
The name of the book is The Four Kingdoms of Daniel. It was available through Xulon, but I am not sure it is anymore (John took the rights away from Xulon and was going to self publish it but I think the cost was too much).

I have to disagree with any interpreation that puts the abomination of desolation in AD 70. Jesus said those in Judea needed to flee when they saw the abomination of desolation Matt. 24:15-16. The time to flee was at the beginning of the war, not the end. At the end of the war one would most probably be dead by the Romans, fellow Jews or famine! I see the beginning of the 1290 days as starting with the abomination of desolation, the coming of the one who would make Israel desolate:

And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate. Even until the consummation which is determined is poured out on the desolate Dan. 9:27 NKJV

The end has already been provided in 12:7, it is the shattering of the power of the holy people. It was 1290 days from the coming of Vespasian and Titus (in Feb/Mar AD 67) to the shattering of the power of the Jews with the fall of Jerusalem (in Aug/Sept).

OK so what happened 45 days past the fall of Jerusalem? When on adds 45 days to the fall of Jerusalem (which is the 1335 days) it brings one to the first day past the completion of the celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles. This feast is also known as the Feast of Ingathering. This is significant in that this feast was the last in the yearly cycle and represents the ingathering of God's peple at the end of the age (Matt. 24:29-31; cf. Zech. 14:16-21; Matt. 13:36-43; Rev. 14:8-20).
Well guys this is fine plumbing!
Just a question off the top of my head....why is there a one month difference between the 1290 days (43 mos) in Daniel, and 42 months in Rev. 11?
a good thought to be sure Duncan. I agree that the Feasts of Israel are very important

Duncan said:
The name of the book is The Four Kingdoms of Daniel. It was available through Xulon, but I am not sure it is anymore (John took the rights away from Xulon and was going to self publish it but I think the cost was too much).

I have to disagree with any interpreation that puts the abomination of desolation in AD 70. Jesus said those in Judea needed to flee when they saw the abomination of desolation Matt. 24:15-16. The time to flee was at the beginning of the war, not the end. At the end of the war one would most probably be dead by the Romans, fellow Jews or famine! I see the beginning of the 1290 days as starting with the abomination of desolation, the coming of the one who would make Israel desolate:

And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate. Even until the consummation which is determined is poured out on the desolate Dan. 9:27 NKJV

The end has already been provided in 12:7, it is the shattering of the power of the holy people. It was 1290 days from the coming of Vespasian and Titus (in Feb/Mar AD 67) to the shattering of the power of the Jews with the fall of Jerusalem (in Aug/Sept).

OK so what happened 45 days past the fall of Jerusalem? When on adds 45 days to the fall of Jerusalem (which is the 1335 days) it brings one to the first day past the completion of the celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles. This feast is also known as the Feast of Ingathering. This is significant in that this feast was the last in the yearly cycle and represents the ingathering of God's peple at the end of the age (Matt. 24:29-31; cf. Zech. 14:16-21; Matt. 13:36-43; Rev. 14:8-20).
Hey Chris,
Yes, Since the early feasts seem to have been fulfilled on the date of their observation (e.g. Passover was fulfilled at AD 30 with the sacrifice of the Lamb of God, Pentecost on Pentecost etc.). It thus makes sense that the feast of Ingathering would be fulfilled at the resurection/ingathering of the saints on the date of its obserations at AD 70 (of course the Temple was gone by that time). Notice how there is a gap (of four months I think) between the early feasts and the fall feasts. Could that correspond to the 40 year gap between the fulfillment of the early feasts and the fall feasts?

We are told that the resurrection was to happen (i prefer to say was to begin) at the end of the tribulaiton (Dan. 12:1-2). I don't know that much about the Feast of Tabernacles/Ingathering. But I am pretty sure it commerates the end of the time in the wilderness giving way to the saints possesing the Land. The tempoary abodes of the wilderness period gave way to the permenant abode of the Promised Land. It fits the resurrection motif nicely, as well as the saints possessing the kingdom at this time (cf. Dan. 7:21-22). Are you out there David Curtis (or anyone who knows) someone tell us about the Feast of Tabernacles.
Here's a link to DC's sermon on Tabernacles:

http://www.bereanbiblechurch.org/transcripts/topical/series/feasts_...

Duncan said:
Yes, Since the feasts seem to have been fulfilled on the date of their occurence (e.g. Passover was fulfilled at AD 30 with the sacrifice of the Lamb of God). It thus makes sense that the feast of Ingathering would be fulfilled at the resurection/ingathering of the saints on the date of its occurence at AD 70. We are told that the resurrection was to happen (i prefer to say was to begin) at the end of the tribulaiton (Dan. 12:1-2). I don't know that much about the Feast of Tabernacles/Ingathering. But I am pretty sure it commerates the time in the wilderness giving way to the saints possesing the Land. The tempoary abodes of the wilderness period gave way to the permenant abode of the Promised Land. It fits the resurrection motif nicely. Are you out there David Curtis (or anyone who knows) tell us about the Feast of Tabernacles.
Think I found the answer. It seems that 1290 is 1260 but including the intercalary month (leap month).

Christian Orton said:
Just a question off the top of my head....why is there a one month difference between the 1290 days (43 mos) in Daniel, and 42 months in Rev. 11?
Thats what I am talking about! Thanks for the quick link Christian! Here is a quote from David's article

The Feast of Tabernacles was to celebrate and commemorate: 1. The end of the wanderings in the desert of the children of Israel. 2. It also was a celebration of their inheritance of and entry into Canaan - the Promised Land.

The anti-typical fulfillment came at the end of the 40 year transition period (A.D. 30-70) when the Old Covenant came to an end and the New Covenant was fully consummated, and the inheritance of the new heavens and the new earth arrived, where we "tabernacle there with God". Tabernacles speaks of the final rest, as well as the final harvest.

I said earlier in this message that the Feast of Trumpets is also known in Scripture as the "Feast of Ingathering", for it was observed after all crops had been harvested and gathered. The Bible often speaks of the final judgment as a harvest:

Hosea 6:11 (NKJV) Also, O Judah, a harvest is appointed for you, When I return the captives of My people.

Joel 3:13 (NKJV) Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, go down; For the winepress is full, The vats overflow; For their wickedness is great."

Matthew 13:39 (NKJV) "The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.

Revelation 14:15 (NKJV) And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, "Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe."

This harvest is a Day of Ingathering, when God gathers His people unto Himself and burns the wicked like the chaff and stubble:

Malachi 4:1-2 (NKJV) "For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up," Says the LORD of hosts, "That will leave them neither root nor branch. 2 But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves.

The righteous among the Gentiles, too, were gathered to the Lord. In that day, the Gentiles will pray in the Heavenly Jerusalem:

Zechariah 14:16-17 (NKJV) And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain.

The Lord not only gathered His people, but He began to TABERNACLE in their midst:

Revelation 21:3 (NKJV) And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
This age in which we now live is the New covenant age. We are the New Jerusalem, God's holy bride.

Revelation 21:24 (NKJV) And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.

The saved of the nations walk in the light of this holy city. We are the light of the world today, a city set on a hill.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Michael Bennett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service